Hello! My name is Martin Edholm. I’m a 20 year old self taught photographer and filmmaker from Härnösand, Sweden, a small town in the northern part of the country. I started photography in 2015 and found out that it was a great way to capture the world in different ways. I love being outdoors, exploring and challenging myself in different ways, photography was the only thing I could think of that would allow me to do this. I’m excited to see what more this planet has to show me. I want to see it all!
My gear: I have always used a Canon camera and for now I use the Canon 6D with a 24-105mm f.4 L USM and a Samyang lens 14mm f2.8. I have to say that they do their job very well! Great lenses to begin photography with too!
Here are 5 quick tips that will make your photos stand out!
1. Learn to use and understand the grid, also known as the rule of thirds! It makes your photos stand out amongst the rest! It helps you to get a good looking composition for your subject instead of putting the subject in the middle of the frame!
2. Try to find your niche, what kind of photographer are you? Finding your niche is more effective than you think. You will grow a following based on your genre of photography, unique colour grading or style elements, viewers come to see your unique aesthetic.
3. Use natural lightning as much as possible, just do it!
4. Comment back on the comments you get on your posts, your audience appreciates the authentic engagement and it will help encourage your followers to come back to see more of your work!
5. Never stop doing what you love!
Last but not least, always remember that your photos are unique and no one can take the exact same photo as you! Just go shoot and tell your story!